Job Overview: Our client has retained our services to assist them in appointing a Service Engineer who will be responsible for installation, commissioning and servicing of robots and ancillary equipment into the predominantly plastics manufacturing environment.
The role: As Service Engineer you must have good electro-mechanical maintenance skills with strong experience in PLC programming and have had previous experience of commissioning, calibrating, breakdown diagnosis and repair.
You must have a good electro-mechanical maintenance or service background as well as several years’ experience and have a working knowledge or understanding of the day to day commissioning and calibrating of robots, as well as being a competent engineer in breakdown diagnosis and repair.
The successful applicant will be based in England and will be home based, and comfortable providing seconded support as required in other areas of the UK. The ideal candidate will have experience in the installation and commissioning of production machinery or ancillary equipment and be an electrically biased multi skilled maintenance engineer or service engineer.
Whilst having the need to often work alone, you can rest assured that you are supported by other Field Service Engineers as well as a highly skilled management team from the company head office, Therefore you must be self-motivated and confident in making key decisions on the spot. Superb training is provided and the induction process is well structured including shadowing existing service engineers, training at head office, and on the job training during your initial months.
- Good teamwork skills with an ability to perform as a flexible team member with a clear focus on achieving objectives
- Good project management skills with the ability to manage time
- Flexible attitude to work and be able to adapt quickly to change
- The ability to investigate, understand and solve equipment/system problems
- The ability to act as a key interface between the company and client
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels in the organisation
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines
- A self-starter/proactive with the ability to work with the minimum of supervision
- Ability to work away from home is essential
- Good organisational skills
- Proper use of company job logging CRM system
- Ability to build clear and concise service/engineering reports
- Full and clean driving license
- Electrical/Mechanical Engineering HNC (Similar education will be considered)
- 17th Edition Wiring Regulations (16th Edition accepted)
- Installation, service and repair of machinery
- Working in an industrial setting
- Performing tasks under pressure to meet production requirements
- Building and maintaining good working relations
- Ability to identify areas of improvement for customers