Further to a successful campaign of business growth, we are working closely with one of our injection moulding manufacturing partners to appoint an experienced Moulding Technician with experience of Medical Device, Medical Care or Pharmaceutical applications. EXPIRES 11/06/18
Job Overview: The role of the Moulding Technician is to set, condition, maintain & optimise plastic injection moulding machines, and looking for applicants within Medical Device, Medical Care or Pharmaceutical environments, with proven expertise with process optimisation, tool trialling and validation. The Moulding Technician will have BPTA/PTIC/G&A or equivalent training within Injection Moulding and will ideally have medical validation experience.
This is an excellent & rewarding post for an enthusiastic & loyal individual who wishes to work with like-minded professionals and a company that places their people at the forefront of the company.
Hours of Work:
- Monday – Wednesday (06:00 – 18:00)
- Thursday (06:00 – 12:00)
- As a member of the on-site Operations team to effectively contribute to the success of the company
- Under the direction of the Operations Manager, and in close partnership with all other operational disciplines (Manufacturing Supervisor, Shift Supervisor, Quality Supervisor, Machine Operator, Engineering Manager etc.), on a shift-by-shift basis, to ensure that production targets are met in compliance with both immediate and forecast customer demands and activities are carried out in the most effective manner
- To maintain control, set and optimise the injection moulding process (es) and to provide support to the execution of the production schedule (component changes, setups, start-ups, cleaning, engineering specifications etc.)
- Responsible for directing and monitoring the execution of the production schedule, performing tasks including (but not limited to) mould and/or material changes as dictated by the schedule, process set-up, process troubleshooting, and other necessary functions to ensure component part conformity to specification and all data relevant to process or machine downtime is captured and recorded correctly
- To effectively utilise all available resources (personnel, plant, etc.), which may involve other operational and quality department personnel, in order to fulfil the above
- Where appropriate, to contribute and provide pertinent information in relation to the company. QMS and ensure that all activities carried out within the remit of ‘Manufacturing Technician’ are at all times in compliance with company guidelines
- In exceptional circumstances, and when required, to contribute effectively to ‘non-base business activities’ such as process validation, new product introduction, special projects etc. where such activities fall within the role of ‘Manufacturing Technician’
- To contribute to continuous improvement initiatives and, where appropriate, identify and report areas of potential improvement to the Operations & Quality Manager for consideration
- To comply with Health, Safety & Environmental policies and procedures.
- To carry out any other agreed duties which reasonably fall within the remit of ‘Manufacturing Technician’
- The Technician is required to be a BPTA or similar trained Injection mould setter with familiarisation of GMP
- Be conversant with a wide range of raw materials from Polycarbonate, ABS to Polypropylene etc
- Have good knowledge of processing and moulding analytical tools such as Mini tab, 6S and Helix workbook
- The candidate should be familiar with Medical IQ/OQ/PQ validations
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate a pro-active approach to problem solving and an exceptional knowledge of the injection moulding process
- Robotic programming would be an advantage, Staubli, Yushin Sepro