We work closely with all technical, engineering & commercial Work Seekers in providing a highly regarded Recruitment Advisory Service, to help professional candidates compile a strong, high impact Curriculum Vitae for meeting critical skills & achievements as demanded by modern day Employers.
In relation to any of LawsonKeys' active vacancies, in the first instance candidates will be asked to provide proof of their identity ( photo driving licence, photo passport & proof of UK address ) Non-UK citizens will be asked to provide proof of a legal certificate for working in the UK ( Tier 1 Working visa, HSMP or dependency certificate )
In accordance with the Data Protection Act, all personal address & contact details will be held securely on a professional recruitment database. No personal information will be passed to any 3rd party unless prior consent has been gained from the respective candidate in question.
LawsonKeys' require the following information before being able to offer a full service:
- Full Name, Full postal address, phone number & email address.
- Reasons for seeking new employment opportunities?
- Is there an option for relocation? and if so, what personal specifics would you deem necessary? ie schooling for children, venues for sporting activities & hobbies, close proximity to points of interest, access to motorways etc.
- Are you currently a home owner, renting or temporarily residing with friends
Personal Profile / Objective statement: This is a short & specific paragraph / overview of your key skills, career achievements & progression aspirations; - this should encourage a new potential employer to WANT TO read your full CV application.
- List your year's experience with working in certain areas of manufacturing
- List the engineering processes that you are confident in working with
- List the manufacturing acronyms you are proficient with, ie FMEA, SMED, Kaizen, 5S, 5Y etc
- List any technical, commercial or engineering training courses throughout your career
- List your strengths, ie Communications, other language skills, Man-management, etc
List your most recent experience first (month/year). Give the name of your employer, a brief description of your employer (the company's function, what they manufactured, what materials they used and the markets they supplied to, your full job title, and the achievements pertinent to that post and your role (it would be considered advantageous if you could provide details of specific machinery and/or processes that you have worked with and at least 3 key achievements within each role.)
Part-time / Contract employment roles should be included in your CV. Any other periods of absence from employment should be listed ie unemployed whilst seeking work, world travel, time taken off to care for family, etc
- Provid places of education where you have studied – most recent education first.
- Include subject options taken in each year of your course. Include any special project, thesis or dissertation work.
- Pre-college courses (high school, etc) should then be included, including grades.
- Subjects taken and passed just before college will be of most interest.
- In-house / External training – should include which company this was obtained via, date of achievement and qualification obtained.
Usually give two names – Ideally two from any different work situation you have had. Make sure that referees are willing to give you a reference. Give their day and evening phone numbers if possible.
Need help with your CV?
Whatever stage of your career you are at and whatever stage you are seeking to move to, making that career change requires careful consideration and meticulous planning. Life-changing decisions are never taken lightly and they will never happen if you don't give yourself every opportunity to stand out. A CV written by an expert, which markets you fairly and effectively is an essential.
We are a recruitment agency that cares about who we represent and how we represent them. Our consultants are experienced in knowing how to accurately and ethically reflect the skills and experience that you own. At Lawson Keys we help you to capture attention and ensure that you have the best possible chance to be recognised for the position you desire.
Let us help you to discover how a visually engaging, evidence based, results focused and strategically targeted CV can aide you to move from application to interview. All you need to do is email us at email@example.com using CV Help in the subject title.